CNL: Why Iowa
Dear prospective Clinical Nurse Leader,
The University of Iowa has a progressive curriculum in conjunction with the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) guidelines to support the evolving and future needs of the practice environment across the continuum of care. We believe our content, curriculum, world class faculty, and online approach are great assets that will exceed your expectations!
These are some of our traditions that inspire other students:
- We support small classes that foster positive relationship between students and with our faculty.
- The UI College of Nursing is recognized as one of the elite nursing schools in the country.
- Several of the college’s programs rank among the nation’s very best.
- Faculty who teach in the CNL program are recognized as national and international leaders in their areas of expertise.
- Our faculty use creative teaching methods to ensure your engagement and learning.
- You can also participate in our Facebook community to develop networks for future opportunities
- We are collaborating with leaders across the country to envision new possibilities and best ways to position our CNL graduates for the future.
- We are using various evaluation methods to advance knowledge on the competencies required for CNLs for advancing outcomes and enhancing the quality of care in the micro system.
What can you do?
Do not hesitate to contact us with additional questions. Please use the following resources to guide you further:
- The Basics: Program Overview
- CNL Plan of study (POS)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) information
- CNL White Paper