Academics - Nursing Education Xchange Program (NEXus)
The University of Iowa College of Nursing is a member of the Nursing Education Xchange (NEXus), which provides doctoral students, both DNP and PhD, enrolled in member schools to take courses that may not be offered through the home institution.
The Nexus course I took turned out to be a great experience. It covered a topic area my home institution did not offer and so it expanded my viewpoint. I took it at the end of my DNP coursework. The timing was perfect. It was great meeting a new professor and being challenged in an interdisciplinary, professional setting with colleagues who had different backgrounds. I highly recommend taking the Nexus opportunity."
--Jane Robinson, NEXus student, University of Kansas School of Nursing
- Consult your faculty advisor or committee chair about taking courses offered by NEXus member institutions.
- Contact the teaching institution in advance to ensure that you understand the course requirements, policies and procedures.
- View registration deadlines of NEXus member institutions.
- Submit NEXus Tracking Form and University of Iowa NEXus Registration Form.
- Submit a consortium agreement (if applicable).
The NEXus common price is $825 per semester credit and $550 per quarter credit. The NEXus common price is intended to cover all associated university fees. As with all courses, you are responsible for the cost of your books and educational materials. Please check with your financial aid advisor to demine if your institution accepts NEXus courses for financial aid considerations.
Students may use MyUI to place their transcript requests. University of Iowa transcripts processed on or after August 1, 2016 are free (expedited delivery fees may apply).
Campus Staff Coordinator (CSC)
Campus Faculty Coordinator (CFC)