MSN-CNL - Admissions Information
>>> Applications after the deadline may be considered as space allows; interviews for applications after the deadline TBD <<<
Deadline: February 1 every year for a fall start
*Interviews: Will be held during the afternoon of 2/18/19
*Notification of Admission: Applicants will be notified regarding admission the week of 3/11/19
VIDEO: MSN-CNL -- Why Iowa?
- Baccalaureate or advanced degree in Nursing and approximately one year of experience
- A minimum of a 3.0 grade point average
- Graduate from a CCNE or NLNAC accredited nursing program
- Completion of prerequisite course by the start of the program
- An upper-level statistics course should be completed within five (5) years of the application deadline. Acceptable University of Iowa courses are as follows: STAT:3510 (22S:101), PSQF:4143 (07P:143), STAT:4143, and (22S:102), or BIOS:4120 (171:160). Equivalent courses from other colleges will be accepted as well. The course must be an undergraduate, upper-level (junior/senior) course. For courses outside the University of Iowa, please refer to the college’s catalog or registrar’s office to verify the course numbering scheme. Also note that community college courses are very good; however, they are considered undergraduate freshman/sophomore courses, and therefore, we will not be able accept them as a pre-req statistics course. If you have further questions, contact Jen Clougherty (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Renee Lepine (email@example.com).
Requirements for International Students
Due to the level of Internet-based course work required, international students in this program of study are not eligible for F-1 or J-1 student immigration status. Questions regarding visas and immigration documentation should be addressed to International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MSN-CNL Application Requirements
Application to the Graduate College is a two step process. The first step in the application process is to complete the Graduate College Application and pay the appropriate fee. As part of the second step, Graduate Admission will contact you by email and provide directions to upload the following items:
- Statement of Purpose
- Supplemental Information form
- Copy of RN license
- Contact information including email address for three recommenders. The recommenders will be sent an email and asked to complete this recommendations form
- Statement of Disclosure
You are also required to submit official transcripts for work done in all undergraduate and graduate schools to the Office of Admissions (current and former UI students do not need to provide UI transcripts).