Current Students - Young Pediatric Nurse Clinician Program Expectations
What will be expected of me as a YPNC?
- Participation in practicum experiences (averaging 1-2 hrs/week) that incorporate children in a variety of clinical settings under the direction of a faculty mentor and expert clinician(s).
- Meet monthly with faculty mentor and other YPNCs to discuss group activities and other various topics.
- Lead a minimum of one project per semester on a topic of interest and importance to pediatric nursing practice.
- Participation in interdisciplinary Pediatric Grand Rounds a minimum of once per academic year, as academic schedule allows.
- Attendance at the annual Pediatric Conference sponsored by UIHC and/or a regional or national pediatric conference a minimum of once per academic year as funding allows.