Faculty Awards - Teaching Excellence Awards
***Different from the Collegiate Teaching Award***
THREE SEPARATE AWARDS:
Tenure Track Teaching Award; Clinical Track Teaching Award; and Instructional Track Teaching Award
The Faculty Teaching Excellence Award honors faculty who exemplifies teaching excellence. The awardee contributes to the teaching mission of the College of Nursing by going above and beyond traditional and required teaching responsibilities. Excellence in teaching also includes but is not limited to a superior ability and clear evidence to:
- Convey knowledge of subject matter.
- Use traditional and innovative methods to engage, inspire and stimulate student interest.
- Establish an environment that is conductive to discussion and learning that includes encouraging students to express different points of view.
- Be highly accessible to students.
- Freely and consistently coach and foster students to take advantage of their skills in pursuing professional opportunities.