Bridging Domestic & Global Diversity
Bridging Domestic and Global Diversity is a diversity and leadership training program designed to educate students to adapt to cultural differences by enhancing understanding and making connections between diverse groups. The program fosters student intercultural competencies by bringing together approximately 25 domestic and international students at the University of Iowa to engage, support, and learn from one another.
Take a look at this video from the 2014 Bridge program!
- Participants earn an extracurricular certificate in cross-cultural communication skills
- 96% of employers say that it is important for a recent grad to be comfortable working with colleagues and clients from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Learn a variety of leadership and conflict management styles
- Take part in in-depth discussions with students from different backgrounds and cultures
- Help plan the Bridge Open Forum to education the campus community on an intercultural issue
Apply Now for Spring 2017!
The spring 2017 program will be offered on Thursday afternoons 3-4:30 p.m. in 1117 UCC. Fill out the Bridging Domestic and Global Diversity application. Application deadline is Friday, October 21, 2016, and then applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview.
Contact Brandon Paulson by email, firstname.lastname@example.org or phone, 319-335-0335.