Post-Graduate Certificate Programs
>>> Interviews will be held according focus area – see nursing.uiowa.edu/admissions/dnp for specific interviews dates.
The University of Iowa College of Nursing meets the needs for continuing formal education for nurses with a previous graduate degree by offering Post-Graduate Certificate (PGC) Programs. PGC programs are available to Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs), Advanced Practice Providers (APPs), and Health System Nurse Leaders who seek to complement their practice and career interests with formal study that equips them with extended knowledge, skills, and abilities in a parallel or complementary focus area.
Post-Graduate Certificate Program Plans of Study
For students interested in a Health Systems/Administration Post-Master's
- Post-Graduate Health Systems/Administration
- Post-Graduate Health Systems/Administration focusing on Advanced Practice Providers (APP)
For students interested in a second APRN certification. Admission is available on a limited basis.
- Post-Graduate Adult/Gero - Acute Care Certificate
- Post-Graduate Adult/Gero - Primary Care Certificate
- Post-Graduate Family Certificate
- Post-Graduate Pediatric - Acute Care Certificate
- Post-Graduate Pediatric - Primary Care Certificate
- Post-Graduate Psychiatric-Mental Health Certificate
Requirements Specifically for Post-Graduate Certificate Students
- MSN or DNP for APRNs, and Master's or Doctorate for PAs
- Proof of certification as an APRN or PA (for the HS/APP PGC; not needed for Health Systems/Administration PGC)
- Copy of license: RN or PA (for the HS/APP PGC)
- Copy of certification card: APRN or PA (for the HS/APP PGG; not needed for the Health Systems/Administration PGC)
- A minimum of a 3.0 grade point average
- Graduate from an accredited program
>>> Please contact the Graduate Programs Office at email@example.com prior to applying <<<
**The online application to Graduate Admissions is not necessary. Instead, you will complete the Graduate Nondegree Application at the following website: grad.admissions.uiowa.edu. Be sure to indicate Certificate for the Purpose of Attending and then indicate which certificate program you are applying to. Submit all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 1
>>> Applications after the deadline may be considered as space allows; interviews for applications after the deadline TBD <<<
*Notification of admission: Applicants will be notified regarding admission mid-March
- Goal Statement
- Statement of Disclosure
- Transcripts (we will accept unofficial or student copies) University of Iowa transcripts do not need to be provided. Note, once admitted, Graduate Admission will require official transcripts from all colleges except the University of Iowa.
- Copy of RN license
- Copy of APRN certification card (*not needed for Health Systems/Administration PGC)
- Three (3) professional recommendations (University of Iowa recommendation forms required). Recommendation to be sent electronically by recommender to email@example.com
*Tuition is the same for residents and non-residents
**financial aid is not available for PGC programs as they are not degree granting