Center for Nursing Classification and Clinical Effectiveness (CNC)
The Center for Nursing Classification and Clinical Effectiveness (CNC), an Iowa Board of Regents-approved Center, was established in 1995 to facilitate the ongoing research and development of the Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC) and the Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC). NIC and NOC are standardized nursing terminologies focused on nursing treatments and patient outcomes for use across settings and specialties.
The major purposes of the Center are to:
- conduct the review processes and procedures for expanding and updating the Classifications;
- develop and publish linkages to other Classifications such as NANDA International;
- provide terminologies and coding systems for global use in electronic health records;
- produce and disseminate materials related to the Classifications;
- provide research and educational opportunities for students, faculty, fellows and visiting professors;
- provide consultation for implementation and use of the Classifications in clinical practice and educational settings; and
- assist faculty and students with projects and research using the Classifications.
NIC and NOC Editors will speak at 2018 NANDA International Conference in Boston!
Presentations on June 15, 2018:
“The Philosophical, Scientific & Theoretical Foundation for the Nursing Discipline”
by Howard K. Butcher, PhD, RN (Keynote Presentation)
“What’s New with NIC and NOC”
by Sue Moorhead, PhD, RN, FAAN, & Howard K. Butcher, PhD, RN
Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC), 7th edition
Edited by Howard K. Butcher, PhD, RN; Gloria M. Bulechek, PhD, RN, FAAN;
Joanne M. Dochterman, PhD; and Cheryl M. Wagner, PhD, MBA/MSN, RN
NEW: 15 interventions
REVISED: 95 interventions
565 NIC interventions included, along with specific activities used to carry out interventions.
Specialty core interventions are provided for 53 specialties.
Published on February 6, 2018
Book (Hard Copy) ISBN: 978-0-323-58343-5
VST eBook ISBN: 978-0-323-49768-8
Rental eBook ISBN: 978-0-323-49770-1
Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC): Measurement of Health Outcomes, 6th edition
Edited by Sue Moorhead, PhD, RN, FAAN; Elizabeth Swanson, PhD, RN; Marion Johnson, PhD, RN; and Meridean L. Maas, PhD, RN, FAAN
NEW: 52 outcomes
REVISED: 55 outcomes
540 NOC outcomes to promote standardization of measurement of health outcomes.
Specialty core outcomes are provided for 45 specialties.
Examples of use of NOC in clinical, educational, and research settings are included.
Published on January 29, 2018
Book (Hard Copy) ISBN: 978-0-323-49764-0
VST eBook ISBN: 978-0-323-49793-0
Rental eBook ISBN: 978-0-323-49764-0