NURS:5018:0EXW - Clinical Education in Care Environment
Clinical education is at the core of professional education in nursing. The purpose of this course is to explore clinical education challenges and strategies to improve it. This course will prepare you to assume role of educator with individuals, groups, and communities, including staff and students; give you the tools for teaching/learning process for providing client education; provide knowledge and skills needed to effectively fill role of preceptor/mentor.
The Nexus course I took turned out to be a great experience. It covered a topic area my home institution did not offer and so it expanded my viewpoint. I took it at the end of my DNP coursework. The timing was perfect. It was great meeting a new professor and being challenged in an interdisciplinary, professional setting with colleagues who had different backgrounds. I highly recommend taking the Nexus opportunity."
--Jane Robinson, NEXus student, University of Kansas School of Nursing
- Consult your faculty advisor or committee chair about taking NEXus courses.
- Contact the teaching institution in advance to ensure that you understand the course requirements, policies and procedures.
- View registration deadlines of NEXus member institutions.
- Submit NEXus Tracking Form and University of Iowa NEXus Registration Form.
- Submit a consortium agreement (if applicable).
The NEXus common price is $865 per semester credit and $577 per quarter credit. As with all courses, you are responsible for the cost of your books and educational materials. Please check with your financial aid advisor to demine if your institution accepts NEXus courses for financial aid considerations.
Students may use MyUI to place their transcript requests. University of Iowa transcripts are free (expedited delivery fees may apply).