FALL SEMESTER (all programs except Nurse Anesthesia)
*Deadline: February 1 for both the 3- and 4-year plan of study
2023 interviews will be held from Feb. 20 - Feb. 28. Exact dates for each program will be posted as soon as they are available.
AG-ACNP: Feb. 20, Feb. 22- 24
AG-PCNP: Feb. 22
FNP: Feb. 22 - 24
Health Systems: Feb. 28
PMHNP: Feb. 21, Feb. 23, Feb. 28
Dual PMHNP/FNP: Feb. 21, Feb. 23
PNP-AC: Feb. 20, Feb. 21
PNP-PC: Feb. 24
Dual PNP-PC/PNP-AC: Feb. 24
U2G: The Fast Track to Your Graduate Degree
Are you a student with an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) applying to our RN-BSN program? Are you thinking about going to graduate school for nursing? Consider applying to our U2G program! Click here to learn more.
Admission to all DNP programs—except the Anesthesia Nursing program—is offered only for the fall semester. The DNP in Anesthesia Nursing program offers only summer session admission.
>>> Applications after the deadline may be considered as space allows; interviews for applications after the deadline TBD <<<
*Notification of Admission: Applicants will be notified regarding admission by mid-March
SUMMER SESSION (Nurse Anesthesia)
*Deadline: June 1 of each year for a session beginning the following summer
DNP Admission Requirements:
- Baccalaureate or advanced degree in nursing
- A minimum of a 3.0 grade point average. Note: the minimum GPA for the Dual Certification Programs is 3.5
- The College of Nursing values applicant’s varied experiences and personal attributes along with their academic metrics. Prospective students are welcomed to apply with less than a 3.0 GPA as special circumstances may be considered within our holistic admission process.
- Graduate from a CCNE or NLNAC accredited nursing program
- Completion of prerequisite course by the start of the program
- An upper-level statistics course should be completed within five (5) years of the application deadline. Acceptable University of Iowa courses are as follows: STAT:3510 (22S:101), PSQF:4143 (07P:143), STAT:4143, and (22S:102), or BIOS:4120 (171:160). Equivalent courses from other colleges will be accepted as well. The course must be an undergraduate, upper-level (junior/senior) course. For courses outside the University of Iowa, please refer to the college’s catalog or registrar’s office to verify the course numbering scheme. Also note that community college courses are very good; however, they are considered undergraduate freshman/sophomore courses, and therefore, we will not be able accept them as a prereq statistics course. The course must be taken for a letter grade and you must receive a C- or higher. Note that this prereq does not apply to the Post-APRN-DNP program. If you have further questions, contact Kara Avis (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Completion of work experience as applicable (see DNP FAQs)
Additional Requirements for post-APRN applicants:
- MSN in a recognized ARNP specialty
- Copy of certification card
- SOAR (Scholarship for Outstanding Advanced Practice) Scholarships: Recipients of this scholarship will receive $3,000 each semester that the tuition assessed is at the non-resident rate (5 s.h. or more) and not to exceed $30,000 (BSN-DNP) or $15,000 (Post-APRN-DNP) total. The scholarship is contingent upon registering each semester as specified by the recipient's plan of study and remaining in good standing. The award will be applied directly to U-Bill each semester for payment of tuition.
Requirements for International Students:
- Due to the level of Internet-based course work required, international students in this program of study are not eligible for F-1, F-2, or J-1 student immigration status. Questions regarding visas and immigration documentation should be addressed to International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) via email at email@example.com.
DNP Application Requirements:
Application to the Graduate College is a two-step process. The first step in the application process is to complete the Graduate College Application and pay the appropriate fee. As part of the second step, Graduate Admission will contact you by email and provide directions to upload the following items:
- Statement of Purpose
- Supplemental Information form
- Copy of RN license
If you won’t have your RN license by 2/1, please upload a Word document noting your BSN graduation date and when you will take the NCLEX
- Contact information including email address for three recommenders. The recommenders will be sent an email and asked to complete this recommendations form
- Statement of Disclosure
You are also required to submit unofficial transcripts for work done in all undergraduate and graduate schools to the Office of Admissions as part of your application process. Once admitted, you will be required to submit official transcripts to the Office of Admissions. Current and former UI students do not need to provide unofficial or official UI transcripts.
Requirements Specifically for Post-Graduate Certificate Students
*Please contact Kara Avis (firstname.lastname@example.org). prior to applying
**The online application to Graduate Admissions is not necessary. Instead, you will complete the Graduate Nondegree Application at the following website: grad.admissions.uiowa.edu. Be sure to indicate Certificate for the Purpose of Attending and then indicate which certificate program you are applying to. Submit all documents to email@example.com.
Click here for information about our Post-Graduate Certificate program
All programs except