MSN - Frequently Asked Questions

Yes, you will need an RN license in the state in which you reside. The clinical experiences will be in microsystem in the organization in which the student is employed.

No, you do not need to provide transcripts if all your coursework post-high school was at the University of Iowa.

Yes, you can. If you believe that your academic record or test scores do not accurately reflect your ability to do graduate work, complete the appropriate section on the application. Be sure to describe the factors that affected your academic record and state what is in place to avoid these factors in the future.

No, the GRE is not required. 

Due to the level of internet-based course work required, international students in this program of study are not eligible for F-1 or J-1 student immigration status. Questions regarding visas and immigration documentation should be addressed to International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) via email at