Diversity - UI MNA
The UI Multicultural Nursing Association (MNA) student organization brings underrepresented and international pre-nursing, BSN, MSN, DNP, PhD and professional nurses together to celebrate community and promote knowledge of leadership in nursing and social justice.
MNA strives to cultivate culturally responsive future nurses to meet the quality care needs of an ever-increasing diverse patient population. MNA is Making Nursing Accessible!
MNA’s V.O.I.C.E.S. in Nursing (Variety of Individuals Championing Equity and Success) is our speaker series highlighting a variety of topics such as leadership, social justice, health disparities, Strengths, and many health-related topics related to nursing standards, protocol and careers.
MNA is dedicated to:
- Developing student and nurse leaders
- Networking with nursing student peers and nursing professionals
- Diversifying nursing education pipeline and nursing workforce
- Developing and implementing best practices for delivering culturally responsive patient care
- Advocating for continued research, education, dissemination of information and policy-making about diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice, and health
- Public service and outreach
- Advancing professional career pathways
- Honoring multicultural nursing pioneers.
MNA events support the College of Nursing's Definition of Diversity and Underrepresented
MNA events support the College of Nursing's Seven Pillars of Diversity