Diversity - UI MNA
Welcome to the University of Iowa Multicultural Nursing Association!
The Multicultural Nursing Association (MNA) is a student organization for aspiring nurses from under-represented backgrounds. Our mission is to recruit, support, and mentor multicultural students in all levels of nursing (i.e., pre-nursing, BSN, MSN, DNP, & PhD) and local UIHC nurses, increase the diversity of the nursing workforce, and promote cultural proficiency among students, faculty, and staff to enhance culturally-responsive care of patients. MNA is dedicated to:
- Developing student and nurse leaders
- Networking among multicultural nursing
- Diversifying nursing education pipeline and nursing workforce
- Developing and implementing best practices for delivering culturally responsive patient care
- Advocating for continued research, education, dissemination of information and policy-making about diversity and health
- Providing public service and outreach to local communities
- Advancing professional career pathways
- Honoring multicultural nursing pioneers.
Through these activities, MNA strives to cultivate educated multicultural nurses to meet the needs of an ever-increasing diverse patient population statewide (IA), nationally and globally. MNA is Making Nursing Accessible! Explore our site and consider joining us in our mission.
MNA Theme: V.O.I.C.E.S. in Nursing (Variety of Individuals Championing Equity and Success in Nursing)
MNA events support the College of Nursing's Definition of Diversity and Underrepresented
MNA events support the College of Nursing's Seven Pillars of Diversity