Visit Options for Prospective BSN Students
- There are many opportunities for prospective BSN students to visit the College of Nursing and get to know more about our incredible students, world-renowned faculty, state of the art facilities, and how to become an Iowa nurse; see details below.
- Please note, these visit options are for students seeking admission to the BSN program at the University of Iowa College of Nursing. Students seeking more information regarding the RN-BSN program or any of our graduate programs should reach out directly to those programs.
- To connect with the college of nursing and learn more about the BSN program, register for your campus visit on the Office of Admissions “Visit Campus” website or by calling the Admissions Visitors Center (319-335-1566).
Weekly In-Person College of Nursing Presentations
Join us for an in-depth in-person session to learn about how to earn admission to the College of Nursing at the University of Iowa. We will cover both the Direct Admission and Standard Admission pathways and will share additional information about opportunities within Nursing at Iowa. Sessions will be led by program representatives and will take place in the College of Nursing Building. Students and families are welcome to walk around our building after these sessions; however, formal tours are not available. Presentations are offered during the week on most Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays during the academic year and are not available during finals week, university breaks, or holidays.
- Mondays 1:30pm-2:30pm
- Thursdays 1:30pm-2:30pm
- Fridays 10:30am-11:30am
- Register on the Office of Admissions “Visit Campus” website or by calling the Admissions Visitors Center (319-335-1566)
Hawkeye Visit Days – College of Nursing Session
The College of Nursing offers Nursing session as a part of the Hawkeye Visit Day programs hosted by the Office of Admissions. Connect with our college during the Exploring Majors Fair and then join us for our afternoon academic session where you will hear from representatives from the BSN program about what makes Nursing at Iowa unique, the different pathways to earning admission in our program, and opportunities within our college. You will also have the opportunity to learn firsthand what it is like to be an Iowa Nursing student by asking questions of current BSN students.
For more information and to register for these programs, please visit the Office of Admissions “Visit Campus” website or call the Admissions Visitors Center (319-335-1566).
Please note that we are currently not able to offer tours of our Nursing Clinical Education Center (NCEC). The College of Nursing simulation lab is located in our general hospital, and due to patient safety concerns and hospital regulations, tours have been temporarily suspended until further notice.
Virtual Webinars – College of Nursing Information Sessions
Learn about the application process, strengths of our program, and what is means to be a Nursing Major at the University of Iowa. Hear from representatives from our Pre-Licensure BSN Program. The College of Nursing will hold a couple virtual webinars each semester. Dates/registration links will be updated here throughout the academic year. All times listed are in central time.
Fall 2021 Webinars:
- Tuesday, September 21 from 5:00pm-6:00pm – Register Here
- Wednesday, October 6 from 6:00pm-7:00pm – Register Here
We look forward to connecting with you either in-person or virtually