Nurse Anesthsia - Admission Requirements
If you are applying for the Anesthesia Nursing Program make sure you choose the next Summer session as your entry session.
The application deadline is June 1.
- Graduate from a CCNE or NLNAC accredited nursing program with a baccalaureate or advanced degree in nursing.
- Possess an unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license in one of the U.S. states or territories
- An Iowa RN License will be required upon matirculation
- Minimum of one year staff nurse Intensive Care Unit (ICU) experience
- Current certifications in BLS, ACLS, and PALS
- Completion of the statistics prerequisite course by the start of the program
- An upper-level statistics course needs to be completed within five (5) years of the application deadline. Acceptable University of Iowa courses are as follows: BIOS:4120, STAT:3510, STAT:4143, PSQF:4143. Equivalent courses from other colleges/universities may be accepted as well. Please use the Transfer Courses section of ISIS to find equivalents (myui.uiowa.edu/my-ui/courses/transfer.page). Please note that the “upper-level” designation refers to a junior/senior level college course.
The admissions committee feels strongly that a good background in the basic science coursework that is part of most health science and/or BSN curricula is critical to success both as a student in our program and as a CRNA after graduation. Refer to the Prerequisites document for a list of these background courses/topic areas.