Larry Newman, DNP, RN, PMHNP-BC, AGPCNP-BC
Dr. Larry Newman is a dually certified nurse practitioner in adult/gerontological primary care and psychiatric mental health. His clinical focus has always been focused on improving health care for marginalized communities.
He has worked at the Iowa City Free Medical Clinic where he developed and implemented a weekly nurse practitioner-led chronic care clinic. He has also partnered with the University of Iowa College of Dentistry to implement a nurse practitioner-led primary care clinic as part of the Geriatric Special Needs Dental Clinic located at the College of Dentistry. This clinic focused on inter-professional education and practice.
Dr. Newman is currently working as a psychiatric/mental health nurse practitioner at the Meskwaki Tribal Health Center in Tama, Iowa.
- Improving health care for marginalized communities
- Psychiatric Mental Health provider for Meskwaki Nation - Sac and Fox Tribe of the Mississippi in Iowa
- Primary care for rural residents in long term care
- Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Transgender, and Queer health care
- Interprofessional education and practice